When you are planning to buy a brand new car, you should consider buying insurance that covers you from the first day itself. All car dealers present you with insurance when you are taking the delivery of the car. Instead of taking the first option, you see there, it is much better to do your homework and buy insurance online.
Also Read – 5 Tips To Buy The Perfect Travel Insurance
Online car insurance has many benefits and is better for every car owner to take a look at instead of settling for a policy that doesn’t cover all your needs and you are paying for anyway.
Many people are not comfortable with the idea of buying insurance online. However, as compared to the alternative, this can save time and be more efficient, giving you quicker service. Here is why you should consider buying online car insurance.
Reasons for opting for online car insurance
1. Paperless processes
Here are some of the advantages of paperless processes.
- Right from the beginning of the process, you do not have to run around to any office or keep waiting for an appointment. The whole process is paperless.
- If you buy car insurance online, you do not have to be on the hook for submitting documents, taking copies, verifying their originality, and so on.
- While making claims, you can check the status from time to time, and filing a claim is easy.
- Paperless processes mean you have to ensure your documents are in order and do not have to rely on anyone else from the insurance company.
- Inspection of the vehicle can be done virtually by uploading a video that can be checked by the experts at the company.
- Unlike the olden days, when you had to keep the printout or the hard copy sent by the insurer, you can also keep the email or the PDF file on your phone, and you don’t have to worry about losing your insurance or leaving it behind.
2. All the options can be compared
When you are buying car insurance, there are many factors you should look at. Some policies may have lesser premiums, but others may have more benefits. You should get all the data in front of you to compare which insurance you need to choose. It is better than going to an agent who is allowed to sell only a few types of policies. While comparing options, here are a few things you should keep in mind.
- IDV of your car
- Add-ons available
- Customer service
3. Instant policies and instant claims
Since there is a lot less paperwork, there is much more efficiency involved as the documents don’t have to go physically from one person to another. There is also a lesser chance of loss of papers and delay in processing unless there is a query. The moment you make the payment online, you get the policy in your hand, and you don’t have to wait for it to get posted to you. At the same time, the duration for getting reimbursed after processing of claims reduces drastically.
4. Do not need to rely on an agent
When you are looking for a solid car insurance plan, the premium might be higher, and you may choose to pay it in installments. You can use the car insurance calculator and see the duration instead of the amount for every month. The availability of this facility eliminates the need for a middleman, and you can directly purchase insurance from the company itself. Since the commission is excluded, it also affects the premium and lowers it.
An agent may not be aware of or may not be privy to all the offers and information available. However, the process becomes transparent when there is no middle person.
5. Personal monitoring of the terms and conditions
This is one of the most important things that comes from buying insurance online.
- When you are buying insurance online, you can read the fine print yourself and decide whether you wish to go ahead with the insurance or not.
- When you go through all the points, you can be sure what you are paying for and getting into.
- The important part of the terms and conditions is the cases when the policy will not cover you.
- It also gives you an insight into how you can adjust the premium and manage your expenses.
- At the same time, it gives you an idea of the extent of benefit if you choose to buy add-ons. Overall, this puts you in power, and you don’t have to rely on a third party.
A brand new car should have insurance from day 1. It is a legal requirement for all cars on Indian roads. Apart from that, in case of unfortunate events, it is essential you need to have insurance. It saves you from financial liabilities and ensures your car gets the best care as well.